What do I need to know about Cal Grant C?


Please refer to the Cal Grant C Award section of our website to learn more about Cal Grant C.  These are the most common questions we receive from Cal Grant C awardees:

  1.  I was offered a Cal Grant C award for a specific academic year, but I am not pursuing an Occupational or Technical Program, can I receive a different Cal Grant award?  
    Prior to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) offering you the Cal Grant C award, it was determined you did not qualify for the Cal Grant A or the Cal Grant B this year.  If you are transferring to a four year institution listed on the Cal Grant Eligible Schools list during the academic you were awarded a Cal Grant C, please refer to the Cal Grant Transfer Entitlement Award article on our website to see if you meet the qualifications  for a Transfer Entitlement award.   
  2. How do I decline the Cal Grant C?  You may decline the award by logging into your WebGrants 4 Students (WG4S) account.  First, select the Tab for the awarded academic year,  then select the To Do button, answer all required questions and click submit.  Another option is to complete  the paper Cal Grant C Supplement Form available on our website at https://www.csac.ca.gov/post/cal-grant-c-supplement-form.    
  3. I was awarded a Cal Grant C for the previous academic year, how can I be considered for a different Cal Grant the following academic year?
    You must submit your request to withdraw your Cal Grant C by filling out a G-10 form. For the upcoming year please ensure that the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application is completed and that a GPA has been submitted by the filing deadline to receive Cal Grant A/B consideration.