Contact Us


Contact Us

Our web properties are strictly used to conduct official CSAC business and as policy we do not advertise or link to any entity other than State, Federal, or our official partners.


Contact Us

Students and Parents

Questions about Cal Grants or how to apply? Visit or e-mail Customer Relations.

Questions about the California Dream Act, California Chafee Grants for foster youth, the Assumption Programs of Loans for Education (APLE),or how to apply? E-mail Customer Relations.

Questions about Child Development Grants, Law Enforcement Personnel Dependents Grant Program (LEPD), State Nursing Assumption Program of Loans for Education Nursing Faculty (SNAPLE NF), or California National Guard Education Assistance Award Program (CNG EAAP) or how to apply? E-mail Specialized Programs.

WebGrants4Students can help you track your Cal Grant award, status, remaining Cal Grant eligibility or Chafee Grant application and much more.

You may also call us toll free at (888) CA GRANT (888-224-7268), Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:45 pm.

Our TTY number is: California Relay Service: 1-800-735-2929 (TTY), 1-800-735-2922 (Voice).


If you believe you qualify for one of our grant programs — Cal Grant, California Chafee Grant, Law Enforcement Personnel Dependents Grant (LEPD), or California National Guard Education Assistance Award Program (CNG EAAP) — and you have a valid reason to appeal, you may submit an appeal to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). Learn more by selecting  Cal Grant Appeals or Specialized Program Appeals.


If you have a complaint concerning Cal Grants, please let us know by e-mailing  Customer Relations. or writing to us at the mailing address listed below.

If you have a complaint concerning one of our other grant or loan assumption programs, please e-mail us at Specialized Programs or write to us at our mailing address.

Technical Support

If you have technical questions about any of our Web sites, please call CSAC toll free at 888-294-0148 or 916-464-7222, or e-mail

If you would like to notify us of technical difficulties while using this Web site, please contact the Webmaster at

Public Records Request

The California Public Records Act protects the rights of the public to request public records from government agencies. If you would like to request records from the California Student Aid Commission, the information below will help you to understand how the process works. 

Requests may be submitted via email, telephone, or letter.

Please provide the following information in your request

  1. The name of the requestor.
  2. A mailing address, telephone number and/or email address.
  3. A clear description of the records requested

Logging and Tracking

CPRA requests will be logged and assigned a number for tracking purposes by the Commission.  Requests for public records and our response are themselves public records that may be requested.


Responses will generally be mailed or emailed.


The practice of the Commission is to respond to  the request within ten calendar days and will notify you with an estimate of the date the records will be made available.

The ten-day response period starts with the first calendar day after the date of receipt. If the request is received after 5pm on a weekday, or on a weekend or holiday, the next business day will be considered the date of receipt.    

Please email all requests for public records to

Our Addresses

Our mailing address:
California Student Aid Commission
Attn: Program Administration and Services Division
P.O. Box 419027
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-9026

For UPS or overnight delivery only:
California Student Aid Commission
Attn: Program Administration and Services Division
11040 White Rock Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670