How do I make a school change?
After you have been awarded a Cal Grant, you can update your school of attendance online on WebGrants for Students (WGS).
Renewal students will not be able to make a school change until they have been awarded. Updates to renewal awards will be posted in late July. You cannot update your school prior to being awarded.
To report a school change:
- You must make sure that the school you plan on attending is listed on your FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application.
- Log-in to WebGrants 4 Students (WGS) located at https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov. If this is your first time visiting WGS, you will need to create a WGS account by clicking the link that says, “Create an Account.”
- Scroll down to the “Cal Grant” section and you will see four panels. On the “School of Attendance” Panel you will see a blue button that says, “Submit Change.”
- Once you Click the “Submit Change Button” you will be taken to the screen where you will confirm your school of attendance from a drop-down menu.
- Once you have selected the correct school, then click the “Submit Change” box to process the school change.
If you are still having a problem with making the school change online, fill out a , complete Section 1, 2, and 6, and respond back to this email with the scanned PDF copy of the completed form. Once received, please allow the appropriate time for processing. All forms can be submitted as a PDF document by email at email@example.com. Email will be the quickest way for your form to get processed.