How do I make a school change?


After you have been awarded a Cal Grant, you can update your school of attendance online on WebGrants for Students (WG4S).

Renewal students will not be able to make a school change until they have been awarded. Updates to renewal awards will be posted in late July. You cannot update your school prior to being awarded.

To report a school change:

  • You must make sure that the school you plan on attending is listed on your FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application.
  • Log into WebGrants 4 Students (WG4S) located at  If this is your first time visiting WG4S, you will need to create a WG4S account by clicking the link that says, “Create an Account.”
  • Scroll down to the “Cal Grant” section and you will see four panels.  On the “School of Attendance” Panel you will see a blue button that says, “Submit Change.”
  • Once you Click the “Submit Change” button you will be taken to the screen where you will confirm your school of attendance from a drop-down menu.
  • Once you have selected the correct school, then click the “Submit Change” box to process the school change.

If you are still having a problem with making the school change online, you may complete and submit the Grant Record Change form for Students in PDF format to