Golden State Education and Training Grant (GSETG)
The Golden State Education and Training Grant Program (GSETGP) supports Californians who lost their jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic with a one-time grant of $2,500 to reskill, up-skill, and access educational or training programs to get back into the workforce.
- Were displaced from employment due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Were not enrolled in a training program or institution of higher education at the time they were displaced from employment
- Have been unable to obtain employment that provides an average monthly wage that is equal to or greater than the average monthly wage received from their employment prior to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Meet the income and asset criteria to be eligible for a Cal Grant A award (pursuant to subdivision (k) of California Education Code Section 69432.7)
- Are enrolled in a qualified education or training program, including at any California community college, California State University or University of California.
Applicants can apply online at gsetp.csac.ca.gov by logging into their CSAC Account. If they do not have an account, please create one using the “first time user” registration option.
Though the completion of the FAFSA/California Dream Act Application is not needed for this program, we encourage students enrolling in college to complete the FAFSA or Dream Act application to qualify for any additional financial assistance.
GSETGP Awarding Process
- An eligible individual may request and receive only one GSETG award.
- Eligible applicants will be awarded $2,500.
- Once applicants apply and are found to meet the program requirements, campus offices must verify that the applicant is enrolled at their institution, which triggers the payment process.
- Grants will be disbursed directly to the educational institution or training provider for disbursement to the applicant.
For more information, please contact:
California Student Aid Commission
Golden State Education and Training Grant Program