I’ve just been awarded the Cal Grant.  What are my next steps?


The California Student Aid Commission awards students based on the information submitted on their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Act Application. Once awarded, there are steps you must take to confirm your award.  

  1. Create a WebGrants 4 Students (WG4S) account at https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov/.  Log in with your username and password if you already have an account.  Remember, WG4S is a different account from your FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application.
  2. A hold may be placed on your account until you complete the following steps:
    1. High school senior (E1):  Once you log in, you will select the tab for the appropriate Academic Year, select the To Do button. confirm your graduation date and submit the information to CSAC.  
    2. Transfer Entitlement (E2): Once you are in your WG4S account, select the tab for the appropriate Academic Year, select the To Do button, answer the questions and submit the information to CSAC. This information will be processed, and your account will be updated in a timely manner.  If you complete the G-6 Cal Grant Transfer Entitlement Certification form to make this change, please check your account 4-6 weeks after you have submitted the form to make sure that the school of attendance is now updated.
    3. You will need to confirm the school you are attending in the summer or fall.  If the school that WG4S has listed is incorrect, please change the school of attendance.  Once you have made your final decision regarding which school you will attend for the academic year, you may request a school change: 
      • Log-into WebGrants 4 Students located at https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov.  If this is your first time visiting WG4S, you will need to create a WG4S account by clicking the link that says, “Create an Account”.
      • Once you are logged into the WG4S account, scroll down to the “Cal Grant” section.
      • Select the school of attendance card and click on the “School Change” Button.
      • Once you have selected your California Cal Grant eligible school, submit it to receive a confirmation message. 
      • If you are unable to make the school change online, fill out the G-10 Grant Record Change Form for Students.  Complete Section 1, 2, and 6, and send to studentsupport@csac.ca.gov as a PDF copy of the completed form. Once received, please allow 4-6 weeks for processing. 
  3. If you receive notification of any additional forms to complete, please log in to your WG4S account and do so by the required deadline.  Forms that you might need to complete are:
    1. Cal Grant C Supplement Form:
      • Log into WebGrants 4 Students (WG4S) account
      • Select the appropriate Academic Year tab
      • In the Award Status card select the To Do button
      • Answer all the questions in the Cal Grant C Supplement form
      • When you click the last box confirming all statements in the form are true and correct, click on the Submit button.
      •  If you are unable to complete the Cal Grant C Supplement questions online, fill out the Cal Grant C Supplement G-16 Form for Students.  Once you complete the form, forward the completed form in a  PDF format  to studentsupport@csac.ca.gov.  Once received, please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.

You will need to follow-up with your school’s financial aid office once you have completed all the steps.  Prior to your school disbursing Cal Grant funds to your account, your school’s financial aid officer will verify that you are still eligible to receive a Cal Grant by checking your most recent FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application information.