California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program
Students will need to apply annually to participate in the California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program (DSIG). The program is open from July 1 to June 30 and follows the annual academic year. The program is limited to 2,500 participants annually. Students must meet the criteria for an eligible student, attend a qualifying institution, and perform the required service hours with a qualifying service organization. Students must also meet Satisfactory Academic Progress and complete any necessary verification for their Cal Grant B award.
Complete the application to be considered for the program.
1. Download the application.
2. Complete Section 1: Student Demographic Information.
3. Take form to Financial Aid Office to complete Section 2:
School of Attendance Information.
a. Financial Aid Office will complete Section 2 and provide Financial Aid Administrator contact information.
b. Financial Aid Administrator will sign and date validating that the student has enough unmet need to qualify for the award.
4. Take form to service organization to complete Section 3:
Service Organization Information.
a. Service organization will complete Section 3 and provide contact information.
b. Service organization needs to provide date the service organization was established and Employer Identification Number (EIN). Organization shall have been established for a minimum of two (2) years before the first date on which a participating student begins performing service hours to qualify for this program.
c. Service organization also needs to provide name and signature of certifying official(s). The certifying official can be the same as the contact person for the service organization. The name and signature of the certifying official will be used to validate the document tracking the service hours performed.
d. If service hours are to be completed with more than one Service organization, utilize the
2021-22 Grant Application Supplemental form to list the additional organizations.
5. Read, validate, sign, and date Section 4: Student Agreement on the bottom of the application.
6. Submit the completed form(s) to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). Email is preferred.
a. Email: email@example.com
b. Or Mail: California Student Aid Commission
Attn: CA Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program
P.O. Box 419027
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-9026
7. Student will be notified via email when they are registered into the program.
8. Student begins performing service hours. Student and/or service organizations can utilize the Service Hours Tracker to document service hours performed.
9. Students can request payment after performing at least 150 hours per semester or 100 hours per quarter of community or volunteer service.
For more information, please contact:California Student Aid Commission