Child Savings Account (CSA) Council Meetings
The Children Saving Account (CSA) Grant Program is to support local governments and nonprofit organizations that sponsor or collaborate on one or more comprehensive citywide or regional child savings account programs. The statute allocates ten million dollars ($10,000,000) in one-time General Fund dollars to CSA Grant Program awards.
The CSA Grant Program Council is established to advise the Commission and grantees on topics that include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- The development of systems and infrastructure to facilitate the successful implementation and operation of local child savings account programs.
- Outreach and coordination with local child savings account programs.
- Incentives to assist in the development of sustainable and expandable local child savings account programs.
- Strategies to minimize grantees’ administrative fees and to cap administrative costs to better ensure that local child savings account programs are of low or no cost to participants.
- Contribution strategies, including record keeping and cash deposit strategies.
- The development of strategies to address local child savings account program accessibility issues, such as language barriers, identification of eligible students, and banking access.