clear spaceCal Grant Channel

Institution Search Image

Cal Grant Eligible and Ineligible Institution Search
On October 1, 2014, the California Student Aid Commission certified the U.S. Department of Education's 2011 3-year cohort default rates and 2012 graduation rates applicable to Cal Grant participating schools for the 2015-16 academic year.

To view Cal Grant eligibleor ineligibleschools for the 2015-16 academic year ...CLICK HERE!

clear spaceImportant News

Grant Delivery System Modernization Image

Grant Delivery System Modernization (GDSM) Stakeholder Outreach Survey - CSAC plans to use the GDS Modernization Project to make processing grants more efficient as well as significantly expand the capabilities of its current services offerings. Please take this opportunity to participate in this GDSM Stakeholder Outreach Survey. We welcome your input and five minutes of your valuable time will make all the difference! Thank You!

College Access Tax Credit Fund Image
  California Educational Facilities Authority
        College Access Tax Credit Fund


  Accepting Applications for 2015 Taxable Year Tax Credit.   Application Period Opens: Wednesday, July 1, 2015   Deadline: Monday, January 4, 2016 5 p.m. (PT)
The California Educational Facilities Authority (CEFA) is pleased to invite taxpayers to submit an application to the College Access Tax Credit Fund. Email: or call (916) 653-2872. Or visit for the application and further information. For assistance with tax questions, please contact the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) at or call 800-852-5711.  2015 California Financial Literacy Summit

  California Colleges.EDU California Colleges.Edu is the one-stop website for  information about higher education in California for students,  counselors, and parents. It has been developed in  collaboration with the California State University (CSU),  University of California (UC),   California Community Colleges (CCC), Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU), and the California Department of Education. More...



Top Ten Things you Need to Know

1. The Middle Class Scholarship (MCS):
Is a program that provides undergraduate students with family incomes up to $150,000 and a maximum annual household asset amount of $150,000, a scholarship to attend University of California (UC) or California State University (CSU) campuses.

2. Students must meet the following
clear spacerequirements:
Be U.S. citizens, permanent residents or have AB 540* student status; attend a UC or CSU; meet certain income and other financial aid standards; maintain satisfactory academic progress; not be in default on a student loan; and, must not be incarcerated.

3. Apply:
Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at or the California Dream Act Application at Students without a Social Security number (SSN) or with a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) number must complete the CA Dream Act Application. Make sure your student email address is listed on the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application.

4. Deadline to apply:
Is March 2.

5. If your family earns up to $100,000:
You may be eligible for a scholarship of up to 20 percent of the mandatory systemwide tuition and fees. In 2017-18, the maximum scholarship award will be up to 40 percent of the mandatory systemwide fees and tuition.

6. Students whose families earn between
clear space$100,001 and $150,000 per year:
May be eligible for a reduced scholarship of no less than 10 percent of the mandatory systemwide tuition and fees.

7. MCS scholarships are not set amounts and
clear spacemay vary by student and institution:
The award is determined after you are awarded any Federal Aid, State Aid and Institutional Aid for which you are eligible. The final award amount will also be based on the number of students eligible for the MCS statewide and the funding allocated by the State Budget.

8. To get assistance completing the FAFSA
clear space or California Dream Act Application:
Attend a Cash for College workshop January 1 thru March 2. Students must reapply each year. Visit for locations.

9. If you are selected to receive a MCS:
You will be notified by the California Student Aid Commission.

10. Need more information about this
clear space   scholarship?:
Contact your UC or CSU campus Financial Aid Office or check the California Student Aid Commission's website for updates.

* For more information about AB 540 qualifications visit the California Student Aid Commission website

Posted: 04-23-15

Steps To College 2016

Consulate General of Mexico Hosts Steps to College 2016

Steps to College 2016 takes place on Saturday, February 6, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Consulate General of Mexico in Sacramento, located at 2093 Arena Boulevard, in the Natomas neighborhood of Sacramento. This event is FREE.

Steps to College 2016 will highlight the importance of higher education for Latino high school students. This event is presented in both Spanish and English and parents are encouraged to attend. Students will have the opportunity to apply on-site for the California Dream Act financial aid, Cal Grants, and institutional aid and, if students are eligible, federal grants. The college financial aid application period in California begins on January 1, 2016 and is open until March 2, 2016.

Register online at

Among other great resources, students and parents attending this event will have the opportunity to:

  • Learn about the California Dream Act financial aid     eligibility, requirements and timelines.

  • Get assistance to apply on the spot for financial aid     through the California Dream Act application.
  • Save the Date: details here... Steps to College Flyer

    Dream Act video - to view click below!
    California Dream Act Application PSA

    Authored by Assembly Member Gil Cedillo (Los Angeles), became law through the passage of two Assembly Bills, AB 130 and AB 131.

    AB 130 allows students who meet AB 540 criteria (California Education Code 68130.5(a)) to apply for and receive non-state funded scholarships for public colleges and universities.

    AB 131 allows students who meet AB 540 criteria to apply for and receive state-funded financial aid such as institutional grants, community college fee waivers, Cal Grant and Chafee Grant.

    California Dream Act Video Interview on UNIVISION

    California Dream Act Mini-trainings

    2015-16 Dream Act Application Documents

    Sacramento Charter High School Students


    High schools active in the Challenge had an average FAFSA completion rate of 78%. This means that more than 13,000 seniors in the Challenge completed their FAFSA or California Dream Act application!

    This winter, sixty high schools across California participated in the California College Challenge to motivate students to find financial aid to pay for college and realize the power of digital tools and connectivity in education.

    We have fantastic news to share: high schools active in the Challenge had an average FAFSA completion rate of 78%. This means that more than 13,000 seniors in the Challenge completed their FAFSA or California Dream Act application, thereby giving students access to as much as $195 million for their college education.

    There was a competition for a celebrity principal for a day, too! It was an extremely close race to the top of the leader board. We are pleased to announce Sacramento Charter High School as the winner of the Get Schooled California College Challenge! With almost 98% of seniors submitting their FAFSA or California Dream Act application and strong online engagement, Sacramento Charter High School took top prize. Congratulations to the students and staff at Sacramento Charter High School for winning $1,500 and a celebration event with a celebrity!

    In addition, we also wanted to recognize all of our College Starter Pack winners. Each of these schools had over 75% of their seniors submit their FAFSA and California Dream Act application AND over 30% of their students active on Congratulations to each of the following schools for earning $500 grants for their school to spend as they choose!

  • Alliance Gertz-Ressler High, Los Angeles, CA
  • Animo Jackie Robinson High, Los Angeles, CA
  • Compton High, Compton, CA
  • Design Science Early College High, Fresno, CA
  • Grant Union High, Sacramento, CA
  • KIPP San Jose Collegiate, San Jose, CA
  • Los Angeles International Charter High School, Los Angeles, CA
  • Luther Burbank High, Sacramento, CA
  • Maricopa High, Maricopa, CA
  • Middle College High, San Bernardino, CA
  • Pioneer High, San Jose, CA
  • Sacramento Charter High, Sacramento, CA
  • Verbum Dei High School, Los Angeles, CA
  • Finally, a huge thank you to our partners. The Challenge was created in partnership with the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC), Comcast Internet Essentials, and Univision. Over the seven week period, we were able to offer over 80,000 high school students with activities, tools and resources to learn more about the FAFSA, the California Dream Act, and the Cal Grant. For the first time ever, we were able to provide immediate answers to student questions in English and Spanish through a FAFSA text hotline, as well as support through online tools and Cash for College workshops, and information on how families can access low-cost Internet through Comcast's Internet Essentials program (where available).

    Thanks to all of the students, staff and schools who participated in the 2015 California College Challenge!

    clear spaceGDS Modernization Image

    clear spaceTwo Lady Counselors

    clear spaceCal Grant Transfer Entitlement

    clear spaceFund Your Future

    clear spaceCalifornia Mobile Gallery

    clear spaceCal Logo

    clear spaceWeb Grants For Students

    clear spaceCash For College

    clear spaceCal SOAP

    clear spaceCal Grant Scam Alert

    clear spaceConnect With Us


    clear spaceSelective Service System

    clear spaceUS Department of Education
    clear spaceBPPE
    clear spaceNCHEMS