Staff Services Manager I
Classification: Staff Services Manager I
Title: Outreach Manager
Salary: $6,124.00 – $7,608.00
Posted: November 15, 2020
Final Filing Date: Until Filled
Highlights of the Job
Under the direction of the Chief Deputy Director in the Executive Office, the incumbent, as a first line supervisor, will oversee both professional and technical staff for the day-to-day operations of the Cal SOAP and outreach programs. We are searching for a motivated leader, strategic thinker, relationship builder, creative manger with a positive attitude to join our team. If you are flexible, customer service oriented, enjoy working in a team setting, thrive in a fast-paced environment and love leading and organizing outreach activities to reach under-served communities, this position may be the right fit for you. The primary duties include:
- Lead the Commission’s outreach team overseeing the Cash for College and Cal SOAP programs.
- Work with external stakeholders, community organizations, and other partners to reach under-served populations.
- Establish new partnerships with community organizations and other public agencies.
- Manage staff in outreach activities such as developing outreach materials, creating webinars, develop new Cash for College training modules, attend outreach events, as well as present at conferences and workshops.
- Prepare a variety of written correspondence, including reports, forms, issue papers, Commission Meeting and Advisory Committee agenda items.
- Respond to grant programs and system issues.
- Effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Serve as a liaison to various Commission committees, segmental bodies, work groups, and related financial aid associations.