Staff Management Auditor
Program Administration and Services Division (PASD)
Classification: Staff Management Auditor
Title: Staff Management Auditor
Tenure and Time Base: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $6,723.00 – $8,770.00
Posted: November 19, 2021
Final Filing Date: Until Filled
Highlights of the Job
Under the general direction of the Chief Deputy Director of the California Student Aid Commission, the Staff Management Auditor acts independently and accountable for ensuring the integrity of the Cal Grant, Specialized Programs, and the California Student Opportunity and Access Program (Cal-SOAP) consortia through the management of the Program Compliance Office (PCO). The role of the PCO consists of conducting program compliance reviews, reconciling Institution and Commission data bases, collecting identified liabilities, monitoring the program participants for compliance with federal/state laws and regulations and initiating any fines and/or administrative actions as necessary. Travel up to 10% is required. Preferred Qualifications
• Knowledge of general accounting and auditing principles and
procedures and risk management concepts.
• Management/supervisory experience (3+ years preferred).
• Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of a staff engaged in a variety of complex, technical, management audits.
• Ability to lead, motivate, and develop staff in a team environment.
• Experience reviewing and evaluating audit work papers to ensure that the analyses and conclusions reached are based on sufficient and appropriate evidence.
• Experience designing audit programs and procedures to ensure critical analyses and evidence are obtained to meet audit objectives in accordance with auditing standards.
• Experience in internal auditing.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely, communicate verbally, and listen effectively with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to present information to management and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.