How do I file an appeal?


If you believe you qualify for a Cal Grant, have an extenuating reason to appeal and would like your application reviewed again, you may be able to submit an appeal. The Commission will not make professional judgments on financial information or decisions regarding your dependency status. If you feel that your financial information or dependency status should be re-evaluated, please see your school’s financial aid office to discuss professional judgment. The Commission will only accept financial corrections or changes to dependency status directly from your school.

In addition, the Commission does not review any problems with federal or school-based aid or loans. You should contact your school’s financial aid office for questions or problems regarding other financial aid. Questions regarding your student loans should be directed to your lender.

To file an appeal with CSAC to request a review of your Cal Grant status, please complete a Cal Grant Appeal Form (G-18).

To ensure an accurate and timely response, please state the reason(s) you are requesting a review of your account and include your name, CSAC ID number, mailing address, telephone number where you may be reached during the day, and photocopies (please do not send originals) of any supporting documentation.

Please mail your appeal and all supporting documentation to the mail address below:

California Student Aid Commission
Customer Relations Branch – Appeals
P.O. Box 419027
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-9027