Cash for College Statewide Webinar Toolkit
Statewide Cash for College Webinars Social Media Toolkit 22-23
The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted California students’ plans to attend college. This has been illuminated by the decline in financial aid application completion and college enrollment nationwide. Regardless of the pandemic, we cannot afford to fail students who are the future of our state.
The California Student Aid Commission is excited to announce that registration for our Statewide Cash for College Webinars is now live! The webinars will provide information to help students and families complete the FAFSA and California Dream Act Application (CADAA). The webinars are FREE and open to all students and families applying for financial aid. Volunteers will answer questions throughout the session via Q&A (general questions only) and one-on-one assistance through the Cash for College Hotline after the webinar.
This Social Media Toolkit shares sample posts to amplify the
Included in the toolkit:
- Posting Calendar, Graphics and Suggested Captions
- Key Information
Event Dates + Times
- August 9, 2022 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm January 25, 2023 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- August 16, 2022 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm February 8, 2023 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- August 18, 2022 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm February 22, 2023 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- October 5, 2022 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm April 12, 2023 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- November 16, 2022 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm August 9, 2023 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- December 14, 2022 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm August 16, 2023 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- January 12, 2023 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm August 23, 2023 – 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Link for Students to Register for Webinars: https://bit.ly/registerC4C
Cash for College Website: https://www.csac.ca.gov/cash-college
Email Invitation Template for Students and Families
Subject Line: Need Cash for College? Join our next free webinar!
Hello Students and Families,
Do you need Cash for College? It’s not too late. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) now! Join the California Student Aid Commission for one of our Statewide Cash for College Webinars. Learn about the FAFSA and CADAA application and get your questions answered via the Cash for College hotline!
Register for this FREE webinar here!
Please have the following documents available during the webinar:
- “Your FSA ID (For FAFSA filers ONLY) or Dream Act Account For (CADAA filers ONLY)
- Your parent or legal guardian’s FSA ID (if they have a SSN)
- Driver’s License if you have one
- Social Security Card if you have one
- Alien Registration Card if you have one
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) if you have one
- List of colleges you are interested in to list on the
- Including at least one college in California
- Most current bank statements
- Any records of untaxed income
- 2021 tax information (1040’s and W2’s)
- This includes your parent or legal guardian’s tax information if you are a dependent student.
- Am I an independent or dependent student?
You will have an opportunity to ask questions via Q&A box
during and after the webinar. Please have your FSA ID or Dream
Act Account completed and ready prior to the webinar so you can
follow along and complete the application!