2023 Cal Grant Regional Trainings
The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) provides virtual trainings and webinars as well as in-person Cal Grant Regional Trainings. In person workshops will resume in 2023. These workshops are all day and will last from 8am-5pm. The live webinars will cover the content of the one-day training event in three sessions of 2-3 hours each. The sessions do not need to be attended consecutively. However, all three sessions will need to be attended in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. In addition, CSAC offers recorded Cal Grant Regional Training videos as well as live webinars via Zoom.
These free trainings are designed to assist financial aid administrators who need updated Cal Grant instruction, new program information and help to better navigate the WebGrants system. Topics typically include Cal Grant program updates, institutional eligibility, Cal Grant payments including payment and adjustment codes, program cycles and types, reconciliation and audits, navigating WebGrants, reports and tools, Chafee Grant updates and Middle Class Scholarship. For those who are new to the Cal Grant program, supplemental materials and training videos will be provided prior to each training. Additionally, CSAC will continue to offer live webinars on a variety of relevant subjects.
Please register for an In-Person training here.
2023 In-Person Events
March 9th 8am-5pm Fresno Pacific University
May 19th 8am-5pm Palo Alto University
July 19th 8am-5pm Sierra College (Sacramento)
Please check back for the Fall date in Los Angeles
- Session A (CSAC Updates, Institutional Eligibility, Cal Grant Overview, and CADAA. Estimated 2 1/2 – 3 hours)
- Session B (Disbursements & Payments, Payment Scenarios, Navigating WebGrants, Reports and Tools, Reconciliation and Program Compliance. Estimated 2 – 2 1/2 hours)
- Session C (Foster Youth Programs and Middle Class Scholarship. Estimated 1 1/2- 2 hours)
Click on the registration link for the webinar dates that you can attend. Check back for additional dates. The PowerPoints for each session will be emailed to attendees the day before the webinar.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023 @ 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM – Register for this webinar
- Tuesday, June 27, 2023 @ 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Register for this webinar
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023 @ 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Register for this webinar
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023 @ 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM – Register for this webinar
- Wednesday, June 28, 2023 @ 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM – Register for this webinar
- Thursday, November 16, 2023 @ 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM – Register for this webinar
- Thursday, April 13, 2023 @ 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM – Register for this webinar
- Thursday, June 29, 2023 @ 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Register for this webinar
- Friday, November 17, 2023 @ 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Register for this webinar
Main PPT Presentations (PDF)
Supplemental Presentations (Video)
California Dream Act Application (CADAA): A Closer Look
B2 Payment Codes and Scenarios
Gaining and Providing Access in WebGrants
B5 Reconciliation & Compliance
WebGrants Award Status Extract Process