2020 Cal Grant Regional Training
The California Student Aid Commission is offering Cal Grant Regional Training events statewide in 2020. These one-day trainings are intended for college financial aid administrators. Registration is now open for the events listed below. Please note that additional dates & locations will be listed soon. This year, all Cal Grant Regional Trainings are one day only and will last from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, with doors open at 7:30 AM. Light refreshments will be served each morning. Attendees will be given ample time to go offsite to eat lunch on their own and return.
These free trainings are designed to assist financial aid administrators who need updated Cal Grant instruction, new program information and help to better navigate the WebGrants system. Topics typically include Cal Grant program updates, institutional eligibility, Cal Grant payments including payment and adjustment codes, program cycles and types, reconciliation and audits, navigating WebGrants, reports and tools, Chafee Grant updates and Middle Class Scholarship. For those who are new to the Cal Grant program, supplemental materials and training videos will be provided prior to each training. Additionally, the Student Aid Commission will continue to offer live webinars on a variety of relevant subjects.
- Cal Grant Payment Reporting, Batch Upload, and Online Roster
- Maintenance Codes
- Ineligible Codes
- Codes: O, NS, SR
- Codes: PD, FT, TT, HT and LH
- Customizing Your Roster
- Award Status Extract Process
- Grant Record Changes
- Non-SSN GPA Text File for Batch Upload
- Program Compliance Scenarios: Cal Grant Funds Over Awarded, Transfer Entitlement Eligibility, SAP Not in Compliance with Title IV, Incorrect Cal Grant Payments due to enrollment status and/or term, AB 540 Affidavit
- Program Compliance Scenario: Cal Grant C