Performanced Based ScholarshipsThe 2015 Regional Performance-Based Cash for College Scholarship
THE 2015 REGIONAL PERFORMANCE–BASED CASH FOR COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
The 2015 regional Cash for College Performance Based Scholarship is a $2,000 incentive scholarship
program that recognizes the effort high school seniors take to apply for maximum financial aid by
attending a Cash for College workshop, and applying for a Cal Grant by the March 2 deadline.
Performance-Based means that in order to receive the scholarship, a student selected for this scholarship
must maintain a 2.0 grade point average or better across all college courses for the semester/quarter once
in college; completing at least 6 credit hours/units for the semester/quarter.
How students can qualify for a Cash for College Performance Based scholarship?Scholarship Applicant must:
- Be a high school senior (will graduate or have a graduation equivalent by Fall 2015);
- Attend a 2015 Cash for College financial aid workshop;
- Successfully complete and submit a workshop exit survey;
- Submit the FAFSA or a California Dream Act Application and a school-verified Cal Grant GPA by March 2nd;
- Meet income eligibility standards based on the 2015-16 Cal Grant A income criteria.
- Be randomly selected to receive this scholarship from a pool of other high school seniors within your region who attended
a workshop and met the same criteria.
- Graduate from a California high school or obtain its equivalent;
- Enroll half-time (6 units) or more at an accredited, degree-granting, 2-year or 4-year post-secondary
institution in the Fall of 2015. The institution can be located anywhere in the United States. If the
institution is located in California, it must be eligible to issue Cal Grants. See Cal Grant Eligible schools
list at Cal Grant Eligilbe School Search.
- Pursue either an Associate's (2-year) Degree or a Bachelor's (4-year) Degree.
- Vocational schools or technical schools are not qualifying institutions for this scholarship.
- Vocational courses which lead to an Associate's degree at California Community Colleges do qualify for this scholarship.
- Stay enrolled at least half-time in college, and maintain a 2.0 GPA to receive the full $2,000 scholarship. Scholarship recipients
won't get paid all at once, but in three payments, based on staying enrolled half-time and maintaining a 2.0 GPA.
- Students must also attend an online webinar or use online resources to become fully aware of the requirements of this scholarship.