What is the Cal Grant Transfer Entitlement Award?

High school seniors who graduate after June 30, 2000, go to a California community college and then transfer to a qualifying baccalaureate-degree granting college may be eligible for a Cal Grant Transfer Entitlement award (also known as the California Community College Transfer Entitlement award). This award is either a Cal Grant A or B. To qualify, you must have at least a 2.4 community college GPA, meet the Cal Grant financial and eligibility requirements, be under 28 years of age as of December 31 of the award year and apply by March 2. You must transfer from a California Community College to a bachelorís degree-granting school in the award year for which the award is offered.

Be sure to register with your community collegeís transfer center—itís important to know the courses you need so you can meet the admissions requirements and take full advantage of your financial aid options.

Youíre also encouraged to learn more about your transfer opportunities.