What are the Cal Grant A and B Entitlement Awards?
Cal Grant A and B Entitlement awards are guaranteed for every high school graduate who has at least a 2.0 GPA, meets the Cal Grant requirements (including financial need) and applies by March 2 of his or her senior year or the year following graduation. The guarantee extends to California high school graduates who attend a California Community College and meet the requirements when they’re ready to transfer to a four-year college.
To qualify, you must:
- submit the FAFSA and your verified Cal Grant GPA by the deadline
- be a recent high school graduate or a high school senior ready to graduate
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
- be a California resident
- attend a qualifying California college
- not have a bachelor's or professional degree
- have financial need at the college of your choice
- have family income and assets below the minimum levels
- be enrolled or plan to enroll in a program leading to an undergraduate degree or certificate
- be enrolled or plan to enroll at least half time
- have registered with the U.S. Selective Service, if required to do so
- not owe a refund on any state or federal grant or be in default on a student loan